8 recipes by Mama Imani
- Blackberry CobblerThis is a typical American dessert during the summer! It's similar to pie but much easier to make! Instead of blackberries, other fruits such as peach, cherry, or apple cobblers are also popular. S...Cornstarch, Cold water, Blackberries (fresh or frozen), Granulated sugar, Lemon juice, Lemon peel (grated)
- Piña Colada-style CakeThis Piña Colada-style tropical cake has a sweet aroma, and contains coconut and pineapple. The cake is moist, and the coconut topping is crunchy Enjoy this tasty cake with ice cream.Coconut (sweetened), All-purpose flour, Baking powder, Baking soda, Unsalted butter, Granulated sugar, Salt
- Eclair SquaresThis is a very sweet American-style cake. Cut it into small bites and try serving it with some black coffee! (I'm using American cup measurements so 1 cup=240 ml).Brownie mix, Vanilla pudding mix, Unsweetened chocolate, Shortening (Crisco), Milk (or heavy cream), Powdered sugar
- Mexican Wedding CookiesThis is a cookie with a light and delicate texture. They are also called Snowball cookies. These are made with pecans. In Mexico, they are given as gifts to wedding guests. (The name is different d...Flour (all-purpose flour or cake flour), Salt, Unsalted butter (brought to room temperature), Pecan (finely chopped), Powdered sugar, Vanilla extra...
- Slow Cooker Black Bean SoupThis is a Cuban-style black bean soup. The cumin flavor makes this a refreshing soup. There are many ingredients, but it is very easy since you will cook them all together in a slow cooker. (This r...Black beans, Onion, Red pepper, Celery, Garlic, Bacon, Wiener sausages
- Chimichurri SauceThis Argentine sauce known as chimichurri sauce has become popular recently in the States. This sauce is easy to make and goes great with grilled meat or salmon.Italian parsley, Fresh coriander leaves, Olive oil, Red wine vinegar, Garlic, Red chili pepper flakes (for pizzas, etc.), Cumin (powdered)
- Cuban Yellow RiceThe lime and the cilantro make this rice dish refreshing and its perfect for a hot summer day. Why Cuban? I'm not really sure... (my husband named it!) (I used the American standard measuring cup...Unsalted butter, Parboil rice (I used Uncle Ben 's), Chicken soup, Turmeric, Cumin (powdered), Fresh squeezed lime juice, Cilantro
- TabboulehThis Middle Eastern parsley salad has become very popular in delis in the U.S. This recipe for traditional tabbouleh was taught to me over 15 years ago by a Lebanese friend. This recipe uses the U....Bulghur (parched crushed wheat) ※ If available, use the fine type (# 1 fine grind), Green onions, Salt, Pepper, Dried thyme, Parsley (finely choppe...