5 recipes by Gissele
- Chinese-style Braised Chicken Drumettes with Daikon Radish and Star AniseBy using a pressure cooker the cooking time will be shorter. The chicken knuckles are tender and the daikon radish absorbs the sauce well. Star anise and Szechuan pepper give a spicy flavour.Chicken drumettes, Daikon radish, Star anise, Szechuan pepper, Red chillies, Ginger, Garlic
- Daikon Radish Skin and Carrot KinpiraI made a veggie side dish for a bento. This is a great way to use daikon radish peels!Skins of daikon radish, Daikon radish, Daikon radish leaves, Carrot, Sesame oil, Toasted sesame seeds, Mirin
- Chinese-Style Simmered Chicken Wings and Daikon Radish with Star Anise In a Pressure CookerSimmer the chicken wings or drumettes with star anise, Sichuan pepper, and red chili pepper.Chicken wings - the mid-section and the tip, Daikon radish (cut into 3 cm wide pieces), Weipa, Chicken soup stock granules, Soy sauce, Sake, Star a...
- For Bentos: Chikuwa Fish Stick TamagoyakiThis is a vibrantly colored side dish for bentos, with green beans stuffed into chikuwa and rolled into a tamagoyaki (rolled omelette). You can freeze this too.Chikuwa, Green beans, Eggs, Shiro-dashi, Mirin, Water
- Chunky Bacon and Cucumber SaladA well flavored Caesar-style salad that masks the raw green vegetable flavor of the cucumber. A very nice appetizer to have with wine.Cucumbers, Bacon (block), Olive oil, Lemon juice, Krazy Salt, Grated Parmesan cheese, Dried parsley