6 recipes by MatM
- How to Roll an Inside-Out Sushi Roll (California Rolls)Inside-out sushi rolls such as the California rolls that are popular overseas are easy to make if you know how. I put these in my kids' bento boxes.Sushi rice or plain white cooked rice, Nori seaweed sheets, cut in half, Avocado, Imitation crab sticks, Mayonnaise, Sesame seeds, cucumber etc., A...
- California Rolls with Imitation Crab FlakesI made crab stick flakes and mixed them with some mayonnaise to create a new version of the California Roll that is popular in North America.Sushi rice / white rice, Nori seaweed cut in half, Avocado, Imitation crab sticks, Mayonnaise, Ratio of crab sticks to mayonnaise
- Homemade Natto Using a Yogurt Maker - Japanese Food Anywhere You GoI wanted to to eat a lot of natto even when not in Japan, so I used a yogurt maker in my attempts to recreate it.Soy Beans, Powdered natto bacteria (Bacillus subtilis), If powdered natto bacteria is unavailable, use a pack of natto
- Sushi Vinegar Made from White Vinegar - Make Japanese Cuisine AbroadWanting to make sushi with ingredients on hand, even while living abroad, I created sushi vinegar and sushi rice using Heinz brand white vinegar.Rice, Water, White vinegar, Sugar, Salt
- Easy-Prep Salmon Flakes Using Canned Salmon - Eat Japanese Food Wherever You AreI used canned tuna to make salmon flakes. You can use it as a filling for rice balls or to sprinkle on rice.Canned salmon, Soy sauce, Mirin, Sugar
- Vodka-Based Umeshu - Make Umeshu AbroadI live in Canada. Umeshu is hard to fine abroad, so I made it seeped in vodka.Young green plums, Rock sugar, Vodka