7 recipes by vegecat
- Light but Festive Kawara-Soba with TunaIt's a kawara-soba (served on a heated kawara roof tile) with tuna instead of meat. The bottom layer is crispy and the top layer is soft. Eat this light soba noodle dish with lemon and grated daiko...Canned tuna, Soy sauce, Honey, Eggs, Salt
- Vegetarian Dan Dan Noodles with Vegetarian Miso-Meat SauceEven vegetarians want to enjoy dan dan noodles in thick white sesame soup. This can be made in one pot.Water, Soy milk, Garlic (minced), Ginger (minced), Kombu based dashi stock granules, Sesame paste, White miso
- Vegetarian "Meat" Miso with Dried Shiitake MushroomsThis "meat" miso is an all-purpose condiment used as a topping when making mapo-tofu, stewed eggplants, ankake sauce, or zahjiang and dandan noodles. I created a vegetarian version.Dried shiitake mushrooms, Kiriboshi daikon or enoki mushrooms, Onion, Garlic, Chinese 5-spice powder, Soaking liquid from the dried shiitake mushro...
- For Natto Lovers Outside Japan! Home-Made Natto in an Oven!Natto can be made at home, so you don't have to go without it even when living abroad. I've been making this for 3 years. I'm continuing to experiment on a daily basis, always aiming for even tasti...Soy beans (organic), Natto bacteria
- Homemade Tofu without a Mold!Once you get used to the procedures, it's easy. This is a delicious tofu recipe that brings out the sweetness of soy bean. This is for yose-dofu (half-solid tofu) lovers. Make it in a little over a...Organic soy beans, Water, Nigari (magnesium chloride) (I use Kuroshio Densetsu)
- No Sake or Mirin Needed! Make Your Own MentsuyuMy favorite popular Japanese brand of kombu-based mentsuyu (Japanese noodle dipping sauce) is an all-purpose sauce that makes everything delicious. Since I used it regularly, I would import my own,...Dried bonito or bonito flakes, Dried shiitake mushrooms, Kombu, Soy sauce, Cheap white wine (sweet), Honey
- Make Your Own Okonomiyaki Sauce! All You Have To Do is Mix!Make your own sauce--an essential when making takoyaki (octopus dumplings) or okonomiyaki (Japanese pancakes). For those living outside Japan, or when you run out of the store-bought type.Oyster sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ABC Sauce (sweet soy sauce-based seasoning)