Zōni 15 recipes
- An Easy Dish for the New Year! Beef and Miso Ozoni (Mochi Soup)Why don't you try serving this unique ozoni on the second day of the New Year? It's surprisingly delicious.Thinly-sliced beef, White miso, Red miso, Beef stock cubes (optional), Kombu, Mochi, Thin green onions or scallions
- For Udon, Soba, and Ozouni! How to Make Rich Dashi SoupThis is a rich dashi soup made with sardines, konbu, and coarse bonito flakes. It's great for udon, soba, and ozouni!Dried sardines, Kombu, Coarse bonito flakes, Water
- Ozouni with Lots of DashiThis is a clear soup ozouni made with a dashi made full of konbu, sardines, and bonito. Twice-baked mochi makes this fragrant and delicious!!Daikon radish, Carrot, Naruto, Chicken thigh meat, Spinach, Mochi rice cakes, Mitsuba
- Chinese-Style Ozouni (Mochi Cake Soup) Flavored With Pure Sesame OilWhy not try this zouni or ozouni (mochi rice cake soup) with a difference for New Years? The pure sesame oil really wakes up your appetite. It's also quick and easy to make, and it's ready in 15 mi...Carrot, Cooked bamboo shoots in brine, Shiitake mushrooms, Chicken thigh, Pure sesame oil, Dashi stock, Salt
- My Family's New Year's Zouni With Baked MochiMy family loves mochi. We often eat zouni even when it isn't New Year's. The broth isn't pitch black from the soy sauce, but has a nice clear consistency.Mochi (rice cakes), Chicken (thigh or breast), Carrot, Shiitake mushroom, Spinach, Kamaboko (red and white), Aburaage
- Our Family's Zouni - Regional Recipe from Yame, FukuokaOur family's o-zouni (mochi rice cake soup) is packed with ingredients. It's a delicious zouni with surume dried squid, konbu seaweed, dried shiitake mushrooms, chicken, and root vegetables plus ro...Surume - dried squid (body), Kombu, Dried shiitake mushrooms (small ones), Chicken breast meat (cut into 2-3 cm dice), Burdock root, Lotus root (sm...
- Chicken and Burdock Root Zouni (Rich with Walnut Sauce)This zouni or ozouni (mochi rice cake soup usually eaten at New Year's) has a soy sauce flavored base, and is packed with chicken, burdock root and the wild flavors of mountain vegetables. The waln...Water, Bonito dashi stock granules, Sake, Soy sauce, Salt (final seasoning)
- Simple Chicken Ozoni (Mochi Soup) (Kanto Style)This is a simple and easy-to-make ozoni chock full of vegetables with a tasty chicken broth. A comforting soup that goes perfectly with strong tasting osechi dishes.Chicken thigh (chopped into 2- to 3-cm cubes), Daikon radish (sliced into 5-mm thick wedges), Carrots (sliced into 5-mm thick wedges, or cut into f...