Stewed, Simmered Tofu 37 recipes
Tofu is like a delicate sponge that can easily crumble if not handled properly, but readily soaks up the flavors of a broth or simmering sauce. Some caution is required, since if you simmer tofu for too long, the water in the tofu will drain out, resulting in a dry and crumbled mess. By pressing the water out before use, you can prevent some of this crumbling.
- Nameko Mushroom and Cheese on Warm TofuThe bit of spiciness and the rich taste of the cheese, combined with the silky texture of the nameko mushrooms, makes this a delicious warm tofu dish. It's healthy yet filling. Great for dieting.Tofu, Nameko mushrooms (use the unseasoned variety), Sliced cheese (non-melting type), Chicken soup stock granules, Soy sauce, Sugar, Doubanjiang
- Kyoto-style Japanese-style Tofu and Shimeji Mushroom with Ankake SauceI served tofu in a warm ankake sauce. This is an example of Kyoto-style subtle flavoring. Warm yourself up with a bowl of this a cold winter day!Tofu (hard or silken tofu), Shimeji mushrooms, Katakuriko slurry, Dashi stock, Mirin, Usukuchi soy sauce (or regular soy sauce if you don't have)
- A Simple Soup with Spinach and TofuThis is a simple soup that is perfect as a side dish. It goes well with Western-style dishes, like gratin. It also goes well with Chinese-style dishes, such as fried rice.Hot water, Spinach, Tofu, Salt, Chicken stock granules, White sesame seeds
- Nikudofu - Simmered Meat and TofuA simple and easy dish that will fill you up. Great with a bowl of rice.Australian beef (thinly sliced chuck roll), Tofu, Onion, Soy sauce, sake, mirin, sugar, Bonito or kombu based dashi stock granules, Sashimi soy sa...
- Our Family Favorite Tofu with 'Crab??' SauceThis is very delicious! We are proud to recommend this dish!Tofu (silken or regular, both are OK), Imitation crab sticks, Scallions, Garlic, Ginger, Water, Salt
- Tofu with Thick Mushroom An SauceA tasty dish even when chilled.Firm tofu, Shitake mushrooms, Enoki mushrooms, Green onion or scallion, Bottled udon noodle soup stock, Katakuriko slurry, Cake flour
- Silken Tofu with Thickened Bean Sprout SauceWhy not try this on a cold day? It's a lightly seasoned simmered tofu dish.Silken tofu, Bean sprouts, Dashi stock (water with 2/3 teaspoon of Hon-dashi dashi granules is ok), Sake, Sugar, Hon-mirin, Soy sauce
- Nameko Mushroom TofuI reproduced a "nameko mushroom tofu" dish I had at a restaurant.Tofu (firm or silken), Nameko mushrooms, Dashi stock, Mentsuyu (3x concentrate), Sugar, Katakuriko slurry, White flour