Tofu Paste Dressing (Shira-ae) 12 recipes
'Shira-ae' is a cold dish that combines boiled vegetables with well-drained tofu mashed into a paste. There are really no set rules to this, so just use whatever vegetables are in season. Each family has their own preferred style of seasoning. You could add ground sesame seeds, chopped walnuts to taste, or even a dollop of peanut butter for some extra creaminess. Just keep tabs on the amount of sugar you add. 'Shira-ae' is gently seasoned, so it'll pair well with the more robust flavors you might have in store for your main dishes. It's a simple, easy way of adding colors to your tabletop!
- Shira-ae Mashed TofuMashed tofu dishes are nutritious, gently flavored, and comforting. It's good with chrysanthemum greens instead of spinach, and delicious with shimeji mushrooms too.Spinach, Carrot, Konnyaku, Tofu, White sesame seeds, Sugar, Soy sauce
- Bok Choy and Shiitake Mushroom with Mashed TofuThe Chinese flavor of sesame oil and the Japanese flavor of shiso leaves marry in this tofu dish. Use any vegetables of your choice.Bok choy, Carrot, Shiitake mushrooms, Enoki mushrooms, Tofu, Umeboshi, Sesame oil
- My Family Recipe for Shira-ae Mashed TofuOur family's version of shara-ae has yuzu pepper and mayonnaise in it It's rich-tasting due to the sesame paste and mayo, but refreshing because of the yuzu pepper! It's a family favorite.Spinach, Carrot, Silken tofu, Sugar, White miso, Mayonnaise, Soy sauce
- Shira-ae (Mashed Tofu with Spinach and Konnyaku)This is a basic recipe for shira-ae tofu, so use whatever vegetables you like. This is a standby in our house.Spinach, Carrot, Konnyaku, Enoki mushrooms, Mentsuyu (2x concentrate), Water
- [Farm House Recipe] Shiro-ae Vegetables and MushroomsThis shira-ae sauce is good with a lot of things in the fridge such as vegetables, mushrooms, konnyaku or chikuwa fishcakes. You can use up all the leftovers in your fridge with this recipe.Tofu, Spinach, Carrot, Shimeji mushrooms, Ground sesame seeds, Sugar
- Smooth Shira-ae Tofu SaladA smooth and easy shira-ae side dish that you can make without a grinding bowl, using silken tofu and storebought noodle-dipping sauce.Silken tofu, Carrot, Spinach, Shimeji or shiitake mushrooms, Mentsuyu (3x concentrate), Sugar
- Umeboshi Scented Shira-ae (Mashed Tofu with Green Beans, Bamboo Shoot and Cheese)The soft, rich miso and tofu mash, the fresh crunch of the vegetables, and the occasional hint of cheese, is so good together. And the fragrance of the shiso leaf and umeboshi plum coming through j...Green beans, Boiled bamboo shoots, Konnyaku, Firm tofu, Umeboshi with the pits removed and chopped into a paste, Toasted sesame seeds, Shiso leaf
- Konnyaku, Mitsuba and Walnuts Salad with Mashed TofuThe flavors of walnut and sesame are excellent together.A. Carrot (julienned), A. Green beans (optional), A. Shiitake mushrooms (optional), A. Mitsuba, A. Noodle-type konnyaku (or shirataki), Tofu (silke...