Satoimo (Taro) 34 recipes
- Easy & Low Cal Chewy Taro Root GratinYou can make an easy white sauce by making use of the stickiness of taro root and adding milk.Taro root, Bacon, Butter, Milk, Consommé stock cube, Easy melting cheese
- Taro Root & Fluffy Fried Tofu with EdamameThis fried side dish made from taro root and tofu is great for a snack! You can make the shapes with a spoon for simplicity.Taro root (boiled), Firm tofu, Ground pork, Hulled edamame (frozen), Grated ginger, Soy sauce, Katakuriko
- Chinese-Style Simmered Dish With Star Anise and GingerEnjoy the flavors of fall in advance. I used satoimo taro roots. I used chestnuts as well this time.Chicken thighs, Satoimo (taro roots), Cooked and chopped bamboo shoots, Carrot, Dried shiitake mushrooms, Ginger, Japaese leek (please use the gree...
- Simple is Best! Soft and Creamy Deep-Fried Taro Roots in Sauce (Agedashi)Crispy on the outside, and soft and creamy on the inside. Deep fry until crispy, and toss into a sweet-savory sauce. It's so simple, but I think this is the best way to enjoy satoimo (taro root).Taro root, small, Flour + katakuriko, Mentsuyu, Mirin, Dashi stock (or 1/4 cup water + 2 tablespoons sake), Shiso leaves, green onion, ginger, grat...
- Taro Root & Miso Butter GratinThis recipe uses taro roots flavoured with a butter miso. It goes deliciously well with white sauce and cheese.Satoimo (taro root), Bacon, Onion, Butter, Salt and pepper, Cooking sake, Soup stock cube
- Satoimo (Taro Root) and Chicken in Cream SauceA cream sauce dish with chicken and hearty yet creamy satoimo.Satoimo (taro root), Chicken thigh, Bacon, Heavy cream, Milk, Olive oil, Grated cheese
- Taro Root Dumpling with Imitation Crab Meat SauceA melt-in-your-mouth dumpling with a thickened imitation crab meat sauce.Taro root, Hanpen, Katakuriko (for the rice dumplings), Imitation crab meat, Daikon radish sprouts, Water, Dashi stock granules
- Stewed Taro Potato Soboro TumbleIf you pre-boil the taro potatoes, then this will stew in no time at all . It only takes a short amount of time to make it delicious if made right.Satoimo (taro), Ground pork or chicken, Sugar, Sake, Mirin, Soy sauce, Grated ginger (if preferred)