Mentsuyu (Noodle Soup Base) 20 recipes
Mentsuyu is a Japanese condiment made from soy sauce, mirin, sugar and dashi. It is eaten as a dipping sauce or used as a soup base for Soba, Udon, and Somen noodles.
- For Somen Noodles at Home: Easy Delicious Sesame SauceThis sauce makes somen noodles a feast. The key to the addictive taste is the secret ingredient.Sesame seeds, Mentsuyu (3x concentrate), Sugar, Miso, Water (ice-cold water if possible)
- All-Purpose MentsuyuThis is an easy and delicious mentsuyu. It's inexpensive and delicious!Soy sauce, Mirin, Sake, Kombu, Bonito flakes
- For Udon, Soba, and Ozouni! How to Make Rich Dashi SoupThis is a rich dashi soup made with sardines, konbu, and coarse bonito flakes. It's great for udon, soba, and ozouni!Dried sardines, Kombu, Coarse bonito flakes, Water
- How to Make the Soup for Sanuki Udon NoodlesThis is the soup used for Sanuki udon noodles, well-flavored with iriko (small dried sardines) and bonito flakes!Konbu seaweed, Iriko (small dried sardines used for making dashi), Bonito flakes (thick shavings), Bonito flakes (thin shavings), Water, Usukuchi s...
- Tasty Buckwheat or Udon 'Tsuyu' Noodle BrothHere is a light-tasting, delicious noodle broth for soba or udon noodles ♡ You'll drink it down to the last drop!Dashi stock, Soy sauce, Mirin, Salt
- Sesame Sauce for Somen NoodlesIt's the season for cold somen noodles. If you get tired of the usual mentyusu dipping sauce with noodles, try this.Cucumber, Miso, Ground sesame seeds, Sugar, Water or dashi stock
- Soy Milk Miso Noodle Sauce for Somen & Udon NoodlesDip your noodles in a soy milk and miso sauce. The vinegar helps thicken the sauce.Miso, Soy sauce, Bonito based dashi stock granules, Sugar, Soy milk (unprocessed), Vinegar, Bonito flakes
- Summertime Is Curry Time! Cold Curry Flavored Noodle Dipping SauceYou don't want to eat hot food on a sweltering summer day, right? Try this sauce well chilled with cold somen noodles. You can use it for noodle bowls, or poured over rice too.Carrot, Onion, Aburaage (a square piece), Dashi stock, Mentsuyu (2x concentrate), Salt, Curry powder