Kanto 6 recipes
- Liver over Rice (Sweet & Salty Liver Stir-Fry)This is a "B-Class Gourmet" dish well known in Asakusa! It has a rich taste but is topped with lots of Japanese leeks to create a refreshing flavor!Cooked rice, Chicken livers, Chicken heart, Gizzard, Chicken skin, Japanese leek, Sesame oil
- Kastu Rice Bowl with Gunma Prefecture-Style SauceHave you had this type of katsu rice bowl that uses a sauce? I heard that this originated in Gunma prefecture.Pork loin cutlets, Plain cooked rice, Cabbage, Japanese Worcestershire-style sauce, Water, Soy sauce, Sugar
- Edokko Zouni (Tokyo-style Mochi Soup)The key to our family recipe for 'ozouni' handed down to me by my mother who was born in downtown Tokyo is the dashi stock! ('Edokko' means a native Tokyoite.)Dashi stock, Square mochi, Chicken thigh meat, Spinach or komatsuna, Naruto or kamaboko, Ito-mitsuba - mitsuba with long white stems, Yuzu peel
- Yokohama Sanma-men Using Store-Bought Ramen"Sanma" is pacific saury, but there's no fish in this! This is a ramen from Yokohama using lots of vegetables and a thickened soup.Fresh ramen noodles (soy sauce soup packet), Veggies (whatever's left in the fridge), Thinly sliced pork belly, Chinese soup stock, Sugar, Salt and...
- Fried Potatoes: A Tochigi SpecialtyThese are just way too tasty for how easy they are. Potatoes are the best!Potatoes, Plain flour, Water, Japanese dashi stock, Panko, Oil
- A Gyoda Speciality: Jelly FriesThese are a "B-class gourmet" speciality of Gyoda in Saitama prefecture. They don't have jelly in them though! They are dense and soft on the inside and crispy on the outside with no batter or brea...Fresh okara, Potatoes, Onion, Carrot, Skim milk, Cake flour, Egg