Hokkaido, Tohoku 6 recipes
- So Soft Buttered MochiIt's a recipe that's been in my family for a while. You'll never get tired of these slightly sweetened mochi squares! They stay soft even on the following day.Mochi cut into rectangles, Butter, Plain flour, Sugar, Salt, Egg yolk, Katakuriko
- Chicken and Burdock Root Zouni (Rich with Walnut Sauce)This zouni or ozouni (mochi rice cake soup usually eaten at New Year's) has a soy sauce flavored base, and is packed with chicken, burdock root and the wild flavors of mountain vegetables. The waln...Water, Bonito dashi stock granules, Sake, Soy sauce, Salt (final seasoning)
- Hokkaido Kabocha Squash Dumplings (Halloween Version)My hometown's (Hokkaido) famous kabocha squash dumplings are so easy to make. Try them as a Halloween treat.Kabocha squash, Katakuriko, Vegetable oil, Sugar, Soy sauce
- 5 Spices Sapporo Soup CurryDon't use commercial curry roux! Sapporo soup curry is made with browned basil and spices. It's easy and delicious.Vegetable oil for stir frying, Garlic (minced), Basil (dried), Garam masala, Coriander (powder), Cumin (powder), Curry powder
- Bite-Sized Deep-Fried Autumn Salmon ZangiCrispy on the outside, with fluffy salmon on the inside! They also taste great cold, so they're perfect for bentos.A block of raw autumn salmon, Salt and pepper (preseasoning), Juice from grated ginger, Grated garlic, Soy sauce, Sake, Katakuriko
- Hippari Udon From YamagataThis is very easy! If you have the items in stock you can make it in no time. Please try it when you're busy, or on a cold day. If you like udon noodles with egg and crab, you'll probably love this...Dried udon noodles (thick type), Egg, Canned mackerel in broth, Natto (fermented soy beans), Soy sauce or dashi soy sauce (soy sauce premixed with ...