Chugoku 5 recipes
- Kawara Soba - Roof Tile Noodles - My Perfect Recipe!This is a scrumptious genuine "kawara soba" recipe from its birth place of Yamaguchi prefecture. I've been making it for many years and finely reached perfection, and as close as possible to the or...Dried cha soba (noodles flavored with green tea), Thinly sliced beef (chuck or flank), Soy sauce, Sugar, Mirin
- 'Aka Ten' Spicy Deep-fried Kamaboko from Shimane Prefecture'Aka Ten' is a Shimane Prefecture specialty. They're slightly spicy deep-fried kamaboko fish cakes. Serve with mayonnaise! This is great with beer!Haddock, Panko, Frying oil, Egg, Sugar, Cooking sake
- Easy & Superb Fried OystersThis is a foolproof recipe passed on from my grandmother.Oysters, Flour (cake flour), Water, Egg, Panko (fine dried type), Frying oil, Ponzu
- Shio Koji Lemon Hot PotEven though we live in the U.S., wintertime mean hot pots in our house! Delicious! I prepared this lemon hot pot in the winter of 2012 when I was in Hiroshima.Shio-koji, Sake, Usukuchi soy sauce, Kombu based dashi stock (I used a ready-made scallop stock), Napa cabbage, Leafy greens such as mizuna, chrysa...
- A Flavor of Kurashiki City: Cold or Hot Bukkake UdonUdon noodles with sauce poured over is a speciality of Kurashiki-city in Okayama prefecture. A sweet and salty sauce is mixed with udon noodles with lots of toppings. Enjoy it chilled or hot!Udon noodles (I used frozen noodles this time), Soy sauce, Sashimi or tamari, Mirin, Cooking sake, Sugar