Chubu, Hokuriku 7 recipes
- Chestnut Kinton - Just Like The One From a Famous Confectionery ShopChestnut kinton is expensive and you can't eat as much as you like. Make it at home so that you can indulge to your heart's content. This is a first-rate taste that's comparable to the kinton sold...Chestnuts (boiled and skinned), Caster sugar, Salt
- Nagoya-Style Super-Spicy Taiwan RamenTaiwan ramen is a regional ramen dish of Nagoya. It's a spicy and delicious ramen that can be made simply using store-bought noodles.Uncooked ramen (ramen with soup packets), Ground pork, Chinese garlic chives, Grated garlic, Japanese leek, Doubanjiang, Tianmianjiang - Chinese sw...
- Seriously Good! Sweet-Salty Nagoya Style Chicken "Spare Ribs"These chicken "spare ribs" or wings taste like the ones served Fuuraibo, a Nagoya restaurant. They're pan-fried rather than deep fried!Chicken wings (middle section), Soy sauce, Mirin, Light brown sugar (or white sugar), Grated garlic, Water, Plain flour
- Sweet and Salty Simmered Chicken Giblets - A Regional Speciality From YamanashiThis is a regional speciality from Yamanashi, simmered chicken giblets. I've removed the gizzards and chewy parts so that it's easier for children or ladies to eat. I've illustrated all steps with ...Chicken livers (with the hearts), Kumquats, Sake (for the boiling water), Soy sauce, Mirin, Sake, Sugar
- My Family's Kabocha Squash Hoto Udon NoodlesWe don't eat this dish in the restaurants because home-made Hoto udon is the best!Fresh Hoto udon noodles, Japanese kabocha squash, Taro potatoes, Carrot, Chinese cabbage, Green onions or scallions, Shiitake mushrooms
- A Nagoya Speciality: Miso-Stewed Udon NoodlesEnjoy a Nagoya speciality - stewed udon noodles with miso - at home. Serve piping hot.Frozen udon noodles, Chicken thigh, Egg, Green onion or scallion, Shiitake mushrooms, Aburaage, Kamaboko
- Bamboo Shoot Soup, a Regional SpecialityThis bamboo shoot and canned mackerel miso soup is a rather unusual speciality of my home region. The "cat's meal" version is good too!Thin boiled bamboo shoots (chishimagisa variety preferred), Onion, Canned mackerel in broth, Red miso, Dashi stock (see hints)